While you observe for health insurance through Florida health insurance marketplace, you may guard yourself from fraud through following a few simple guidelines.
Be Informed about your choices
- Spend a while to search and examine the fundamentals about getting medical insurance.
- Examine coverage plans cautiously before making your choice. If you have questions, contact the Florida blue medical health insurance marketplace call center.
- Look for legit authorities’ seals, logos, or web addresses on materials you see in print or online.
- Check Florida health insurance marketplace Open Enrollment dates. No person can join you in a fitness plan within the marketplace until Open Enrollment begins or after it ends until you’ve got special circumstances.
Protect your Financial facts
- Never deliver your economic facts, like your banking, credit score card, or account numbers, to a person who calls or comes to your private home uninvited, even though they say they’re from the marketplace.
- By no means supply your private fitness information, like your health history or particular remedies you’ve received, to each person who asks you for it.
- If you practice for positive marketplace exemptions, you will be asked for clinical documentation.
Ask questions and verify the answers
- The market has educated assistants, called navigators, in each state to help you without charge. You should by no means be requested to pay for services or assistance to apply for marketplace insurance. Look for a free and skilled local assistance.
- Ask questions if any information is uncertain.
- Write down and maintain a report of the call of a salesperson or everyone who may also help you, who she or he works for, telephone variety, avenue address, mailing deal with, electronic mail address, and website.
- Double check any information this is puzzling or sounds fishy.
- Make sure it is an affordable health insurance.
Questions by Marketplace Consultant
The market consultant may additionally ask you the following:
- To affirm your identity, the usage of statistics you supplied on your software, including your complete calls and deal with.
- To provide or confirm your Social security number, application identity, coverage id, person identification, date of beginning, or telephone number.
- To verify or provide earnings, household, and employment information, but no longer private economic information, like a financial institution name and account range. They’ll also not ask about any personal health records, like your health records or conditions. If you’re making use of for positive market exemptions, you may be asked to offer health documentation.
- If you don’t need to answer over the telephone, ask the representative to mail you a letter with instructions for finishing your software.
Report suspected fraud
It’s time to take action if:
- Someone aside from the coverage business enterprise you’ve selected contacts you about health insurance and asks you to pay or asks on your financial or personal health facts
- Someone you don’t understand contacts you about getting medical insurance and asks you to pay or asks you for your personal financial or health data.
- A person contacts you and claims to be from the authorities or Medicare and asks you to pay for a new insurance card.
- You deliver your personal health, bank account, or credit score card facts to a person who calls you and says they’re from the government
Find out more information here: http://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/consumer-alerts/alerts/marketplace.asp